please read this information before completing your entry form
- The standard LCM entry form is NOT valid for Electric, Rock, Bass, Acoustic Guitar or Ukulele entries. Entry to the examination is only possible via the official form contained in the back of each RGT@LCM grade handbook. Photocopies of the form will not be accepted. Candidates with the appropriate handbooks can also enter online via the RGT@LCM website. Performance Awards and Diplomas can also be entered online.
- You will normally be given at least ten days advance notice of examination date, time and venue. The venue will be the examination centre operating nearest to your home address.
- Examinations may be held on any day of the week - including, but not exclusively, Saturdays and Sundays. Examinations may be held at any time during each two-month examination period; this may be within or outside of the school term.
- RGT@LCM grade and diploma examinations are internationally recognised qualifications, that are Ofqual regulated and have been placed on the Qualifications and Credit Framework with direct equivalence to GCSEs and A' levels, with the higher grades being awarded UCAS points valid towards university entrance. Therefore, as with any other formal qualification, it might be necessary to take a small amount of time off work or school, or to rearrange a weekend appointment, in order to attend this important examination.
- Once an examination is set up RGT@LCM will have issued a contract to pay both the examiner and the venue for the duration of each candidate's examination. Candidates who request RGT@LCM to postpone or try and reschedule their examination to another date and/or time will incur a fee to cover these costs and administration expenses, and may need to travel a much greater distance to an available examination venue. However, it should be noted that in some cases it may not be possible to reschedule the examination, particularly if no spaces are available in other examination centres. In such circumstances the candidate will forfeit their entry fee if they decide not to attend for their original appointment.
Note that classical guitar exams are organised and administered by LCM Exams. View the LCM Exams website for more information.