Join the World's Leading Organisation for Guitar Teachers
Are you an experienced guitar tutor looking to take your teaching business to the next level?
Have you just begun your guitar teaching career and need guidance on how to get started on the right footing?
No matter what your location or experience level, becoming an RGT Registered Guitar Tutor provides proven benefits to guitar tutors across the globe.
Applying online to become an RGT Registered Tutor is fast and easy, taking roughly 10 minutes to complete, allowing guitar teachers to quickly enjoy the benefits that RGT membership has to offer.
You can apply to become an RGT Registered Guitar Tutor on the basis of either your professional playing background, teaching experience or formal qualifications.
Membership fees: £47 per year - or take advantage of our reduced rates by paying for 3 years (£117) or 5 years (£187).
Click the button below to get started with your application, and feel free to contact the RGT Office at any time if you have any questions about the process.
Why Guitar Tutors Choose RGT
Phil Armitage, Preston: “Joining RGT was absolutely the key that opened the door to a successful instrumental teaching career that continues to this day.”
Tim Marshall, Hampshire: “Being a member of the RGT is without doubt the single most important thing I have done to enable me to be the best music teaching professional that I can. RGT membership has helped me raise my profile, provided me with a more professional shop front for potential students and also has provided me with an excellent source of teaching materials/resources and knowledge.”
Malcolm Callus, London: “As RGT is the foremost guitar education board in the UK, being on the RGT database has definitely helped me attract more students, I can safely say that 85% of my new enquiries come from the RGT website.”
How RGT Membership Will Help You
- Your details, can be listed on RGT's popular and heavily promoted website. When anyone searches the internet for 'guitar teacher' RGT is usually one of the first websites that will be listed. This is an excellent way of increasing your roster of students and teaching work. (However, you can remain ex-directory, if you prefer.)
- You can enhance your teaching status by offering students the opportunity of taking accredited examinations and gaining recognised qualifications as a result of their studies with you. From Grade 6, RGT exams are awarded UCAS points – this can be a big recruiting point with parents and schools.
- You receive an official RGT Membership Certificate, which is perfect for framing and showcasing in your teaching studio, adding to your reputation with both students and parents alike.
- Access free guitar teaching materials to use as handouts with your students in the ‘Members Area’ of the RGT Website.
- Receive three issues per year of RGT’s Guitar Tutor magazine, the only specialist publication for guitar teachers. Each edition contains valuable information and advice for guitar tutors of all experience levels, reviews of teaching materials, and much more.
- Access to RGT’s Free Tutor Advice and Support Service, enabling you to receive help and advice on all teaching matters from experienced educators.
- Discounted entry to RGT's Annual Guitar Teachers Conference, and other professional development courses and seminars for RGT guitar teachers throughout the year.
UK RGT Members Also Enjoy These Added Benefits
- You will be able to obtain private medical cover, life insurance, dental plan and personal accident cover at low corporate rates (saving up to 50% on individual rates).
- You can obtain an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (previously called CRB check) at a specially reduced fee. A DBS check is a requirement for teaching in many educational establishments in the UK, and is an important reassurance for parents when offering home tuition.
- You get a range of discounts including: reduced public liability insurance, discounts on RGT publications and other guitar books.
RGT Membership is Beneficial and Affordable
In return for all the benefits listed above, you are asked to pay a modest subscription of between £38 and £47 per year (dependent on your chosen membership subscription of 1, 3 or 5 years).
This means that the first student you gain via the RGT website will pay for your whole year membership in just a few lessons.
With all of these great benefits and a low-cost membership, how can you afford not to become an RGT Registered Guitar Tutor?