UK Exam Deadlines
Last dates for exam
entries in the UK:
Spring: 1st Feb
Summer: 1st May
Winter: 1st Oct
Today is 09/03/14
RGT offers a comprehensive range of internationally recognised exams:
- electric guitar grade exams and performance awards
- rock guitar grade exams and performance awards
- acoustic guitar grade exams and performance awards
- bass guitar grade exams and performance awards
- classical guitar exams
- popular music theory exams
- electric guitar diploma exams
- jazz guitar diploma exams
- guitar teaching diplomas
RGT exams start at beginner level and progress to professional Diplomas.
The exams are organised in partnership with London College of Music Exams (one of the world's most respected music examination boards, established since 1887) and certificated b the University of West London.
From Grade One onwards RGT grade exams are regulated by the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) and UCAS points are awarded for Grade 6 and above.
Benefits of Taking an RGT Exam
- Gain a useful and internationally recognised qualification.
- Find out, via a reliable and independent assessment, what standard your playing is.
- Achieve your playing potential by setting yourself a clear target to aspire to.
- Preparing for the exam will help you develop all aspects of your playing in a structured way, increase your knowledge of guitar techniques and music theory.
Find out what's involved in each exam by reading the Exam Information Booklets.
The exam fees page contains details of all entry fees and dates.
Answers to the most commonly asked exam queries can be found on the frequently asked questions page.
You should also read the 'Conditions of Entry to RGT examinations'.
We have some videos about the RGT Electric Guitar exams which you may find helpful.
Exam sessions are held three times a year throughout the U.K. With access to over 250 exam venues you should never have too far to travel to your examination - simply include your full address on your entry form and will be assigned to the nearest exam venue operating in your area.
RGT guitar exams are also held in many countries around the world including USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Eire, China, Malaysia, Singapore, India and Peru.