We are pleased to announce the RGT Winter 2013 Exam entry dates for UK tutors and candidates, November-December time period, for both registered and non-registered RGT tutors.
RGT guitar and bass exams start at beginner level and progress through to professional Diplomas. RGT guitar and bass exams are organised in partnership with London College of Music Exams and certificated by the University of West London.
As well, from Grade One onwards, RGT grade exams are regulated by the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) and UCAS points are awarded for Grade 6 and above.
Not a Registered RGT Teacher yet? Visit the Join the RGT Page to find out the great benefits that membership has to offer.
RGT Winter 2013 Exam Entry Dates
Please note that in order to allow time for all the exams to be organised prior to the Christmas period, no entries can be accepted after October 8th.
Tuesday October 1st – Official Exam Entry Deadline
Tuesday October 8th – Extended Deadline for RGT Registered Tutors
RGT Exams and Performance Awards
For more information on RGT exam and performance award offerings, please visit any of the links below.
- Electric guitar grade exams and performance awards
- Rock guitar grade exams and performance awards
- Acoustic guitar grade exams and performance awards
- Bass guitar grade exams and performance awards
- Classical guitar exams
- Popular music theory exams
- Electric guitar diploma exams
- Jazz guitar diploma exams
- Guitar teaching diplomas
Benefits of Taking an RGT Exam
Here are just some of the benefits that guitarists and bassists gain by taking RGT exams at any level of development.
- Gain a useful and internationally recognised music qualification.
- Find out, via a reliable and independent assessment, what standard your playing is currently at as a guitarist or bassist.
- Achieve your playing potential by setting yourself a clear musical goal to aspire to.
- Preparing for RGT exams will help you develop all aspects of your playing in a structured way, increasing your knowledge of guitar/bass techniques, aural skills and music theory.
Further RGT Exam Information
Finally, we have several pages of tips and video lesson that you may find helpful when preparing for various RGT exams.
- RGT Rock Guitar Exam Video Lessons
- RGT Exam Tips Articles
- RGT Jazz Performance DipLCM Exam Lessons
- RGT Exam Videos
- RGT Acoustic Guitar Exam Outlines
If you have any questions regarding registration for the RGT Winter 2013 Exam period, please contact the RGT office and we’ll be glad to help you out.